Monday, October 26, 2015

Simeon Meets Elder Zwick

Me with the Mayfield cow ... nice cow, too
I'll be honest ... this week flew bye way faster than I had planned and so here I am already! This week we had a wonderful visit by Elder Zwick of the Seventy and it was awesome! I learned quite a bit from him and Sister Zwick many gospel principles I plan to apply ASAP into my daily life. And though one may say, "but, hey, it more focuses on missionary life," I will humbly say, "nay, I know better now."  

This week with the Zwick's visit we had our work cut out for us as we had two meetings to attend and so we did not get as much done as I thought we would. Guess that's ok, because the Lord is pleased with our efforts in doing His work. Even if we do not always see immediate success, it is still well worth it. It is awesome to see all the miracles happening for my brother.  Keep it going bro, the Lord does see every effort we make to help someone else and it truly is wonderful. It is great to see how he bestows his blessings upon us as we do all he ask's us to do. 

On another note this week I was shown by the Elders in my District how to do things right. They did this by chasing me down (because I was not about to be caught) and I think I made my shin splits even worse.  They got me and all piled on me ... and when I say piled try thinking over 500 lbs total. I am not even joking and how my body held up ... hmmm, only one answer - The Lord took care of me. 

I take working hard very seriously and enjoy the success that comes from it.  After the work is completed my companions just wanted to show me I could still enjoy the serious part of it also, which I do but in my own way.  Now I am pretty sure they are out to get me - so I am on the look out. 

Good times with Mario
Now back to Elder Zwick.  As it turns out Elder Zwick knows Elder Cornish who Sel and I  knew back in Guyana. He told me, "I know him well."  We chatted for a bit before we got down to serious work, but it was great to have them come and visit ... it truly was. During my personal studies I have noticed I keep finding, especially in Nephi 1 and 2, a lot of verses that say " Awake" so this week I will focus on this one found in 2 Nephi 8:24-25.

24 Awake, awake, put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city; for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

25 Shake thyself from the dust; arise, sit down, O Jerusalem; loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

Indeed if we follow this counsel, we will be blessed to come forth clean as promised by the Lord and arise from the dust. It is my prayer that we humbly do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment