Monday, October 19, 2015

Simeon is Cold

Me and my boys installing smoke detectors for the ARC
This week has been a very cold week for me. Opening the door of our apartment in the morning is not always the greatest thing I look forward to, I will be honest, nor is exercising outside. My Savior knows and understands, so in a strange but true sense, He keeps me warm.

This week was a little tiring for me. I was on exchanges and then when I came back I had to catch up on all that happened while I was away, then help out the best I could in any situation needing my attention. But with the Lord's help I made it through and in the end it was all worth it.

This Sunday the teens we beat in soccer did not come to church and neither did the girls we beat in volleyball, so we are going to have to do some serious follow-up there because one has to keep promises. It is especially important if we, the missionaries, work very hard for those victories, which sounds easy in writing, but it sure was not. The turning point of the week though came when Muka, the recent convert from a while back, took us to see his friend who he said needed the gospel very badly.  They are Buddhist and they needed to know Jesus Christ loved and died for them so they can be together with their families after this life and even in this life.  As we were doing a lot of the talking Muka simply translated for us and then at the end of us closing out the lesson he simply said " Elder, I need to tell them something." Muka went on to tell his friend and all the members of his friend’s family about how he met the missionaries and how his life has changed for the better and though I could not understand literally one word he said, I felt the Holy Spirit so strong. When he testified of the Book of Mormon it was even stronger and with tears in his eyes, he left the lesson. I gently put my arms around him and said, “it is okay.  Is it not wonderful to share something you love with your friends because you love them, too?”  In simple words he responded, “yep, that's True!” I am so grateful the Lord sent us to him for he has helped me to see the Lord's work is always true and we change for the better when we do all He asks of us. 

During my studies this week I came across a scripture in 2 Nephi 8:24-25 which talks about awaking and doing what the Lord has asked us to do. It is my prayer we all will do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment