Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Selwin is Blessed for Paying Fast Offerings

Me and the boys on the golf course
So this week was a trying one. First off, I got food poisoning. Yes, I poisoned myself which is strange but it happened so now I'm just trying to get well.

We didn't get the opportunity to visit any of our investigators this week so that was sad, but we did get to visit a few active and less-active members. We are trying to get them more involved in the work here, so we had a round table discussion on Sunday while in one of the classes and it was good. From what I've been hearing some people don't really believe missionaries are human beings and actually like having fun and getting to know other people, as well. So lets just say right now they have the best guy to do just that.

Yesterday as I was getting ready to pay my fast offerings I couldn't help but say to myself "Bro, you are paying a lot of fast offerings. You could use that money to survive for the rest of the month.” I had a lot to pay only because I keep forgetting to pay it but I reassured myself the Lord would provide and He certainly did. The blessing received was incredible and it was a “shocker,” mainly because I don't expect blessings, I just know they will come in the Lord's own time. So pay your fast offerings, people.

Anyhow, I don't have a lot to report this week but I will leave you with something I found during my personal study. In Luke 8:16-17 it reads:

16  No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light.

17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad."

This statement by the Savior Himself testifies to all, we are to be examples to everyone around us. It also lets us know the Lord will never keep us in the dark on things which could help us gain our eternal exaltation.  He also tells us all things will be made known unto us as long as we have a sincere desire to know of those things He has in store for us. In the words of King Benjamin to his people, he said, "believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend" which is a reminder to me, as long as we ask, the Lord will open our minds and our understanding regardless of the situation. I know this to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment