Monday, October 5, 2015

Simeon Forgot His Camera

So, this week it has been raining a lot and I don't have the slightest clue why, but I liked it.  The cold seems to be ushering in right now and I am getting ready, for I intend for no repeats of last winter!

We were blessed to see a wonderful miracle this Sunday for General Conference and it has quite the story to go with it.  We have been teaching a young Burmese mom the gospel.  She is actually related to Muka who got baptized a while ago, in fact, she is his sister-in-law and we actually met her before Muka. We have been teaching her, and though it is a slow process, it is still OK.  So after what seemed like forever she finally said, “yes” to coming to church but got lost the first Sunday she tried to come.  She was so disappointed she did not make it, so when we went by to see her this past week she said told us she was coming – and did – but not without a little resistance from the adversary because her husband never goes to church.  He drove the family to church but wanted to stay outside. I kindly said, “she needs you in there with her and you don't have to worry about how you dress because the Lord loves you all the same.” He agreed but didn’t have shoes so “I will go and get some and come back.”  To this his young wife said, “if you don't come back I will cut you tonight!”

I was preaching about love to her before we touched the chapel doors and you know what?  He came back so I guess no one got cut that night. They are a wonderful family though and faithful.  I hope we get to see them go all the way to the Temple to be sealed!

This week I was able, with the permission of my mission president to do the ordinances for my uncle who passed away last year.  What joy I felt as I came out of the temple on Wednesday.  I just loved it and will soon go back to do his endowments. I look forward to that and thank my brother for reminding me I had the opportunity to go to the Lord's house frequently so I should get our families work done.  Thanks to you, bro!

I forgot my sd card reader at home so Sister Sappington, it looks like you will be adding more than two photos to the blog next week. In my studies this week I loved 1 Nephi 17:45 which helped me see how easy it is for us to sin but so hard for us to do good.

 45 Ye are swift to do iniquity but slow to remember the Lord your God. Ye have seen an angel, and he spake unto you; yea, ye have heard his voice from time to time; and he hath spoken unto you in a still small voice, but ye were past feeling, that ye could not feel his words; wherefore, he has spoken unto you like unto the voice of thunder, which did cause the earth to shake as if it were to divide asunder.

I pray instead of being quick to do evil we will be quick to do what is right and to do what the Lord has asked of us and be ready to serve one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment