Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Selwin's Amazing Week

My last district
So it seems like the cold is coming in faster than I expected this year, which means sweaters and gloves will be coming out of the closet.

This week was pretty amazing. We saw doors opened and hearts softened. It was awesome. We had quite a few lessons this week and we got prayed over by a few persons we met while tracting as well. We also had a good talk with two guys who, upon our approach, asked my companion to read a few scriptures for them. I sensed contention a mile away but didn't let it get there even though one guy was coming with all of his questions. He was really surprised when I answered all of them but he couldn't answer all of my questions. Then somehow we got to the topic of the Holy Ghost and I asked them, "so, in Acts 8, how does it say one receives the holy ghost?" The one turns to the other and says, "you should know that" to which he replied "no, I don't.  What does it say?" I replied, "that's your home work, boys.” Met one lady who was super nice and even gave us water but I couldn't get over how she held up the "OK" sign at us. I wanted to say, "that's nice, but we are here to make things great." but she closed the door too fast. Yep, good times.

Me with Elders Petersen, Ahanonu and Rasmussen
at Red Bluff in Columbia, Mississippi
It's so fascinating sometimes being a missionary and I've been pondering a lot about what the Savior's journey as a missionary was like.  Definitely and without doubt it was harder than my own but I more look at how He over came all the obstacles before Him on that journey. It just makes me feel super good to know I can follow His examples in order to overcome the obstacles in my way and to keep pushing forward. How blessed we are to have this gospel and how blessed  we are to have the opportunity to share, for the gospel of Jesus Christ is exceptional and there is nothing else that can get us closer to Him. 

Oh, and on a side note we had transfers this week and I have a new companion but I will give you more information next week so until then, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment