Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Simeon Has Finding Success


Okay, so this week started out with a blast! I must say it was super awesome.  From Monday on it was amazing!  We went out Tuesday on exchanges with the district leader.  I got his “greenie” as my companion for the day.  He is a good missionary and loves to work like I do, so I put him to work. We biked up several hills and he was puffing at everyone of them but when the time came to work we were ready to go.  We found six (6) of our lost brothers and sisters.  That was so awesome because we pretty much went finding for the entire day as the few appointments we had fell through. Then on Thursday we had an appointment fall through so we went searching again for our lost brothers and sisters. 

As we were walking, we saw a group of ladies sitting on the porch of one of the houses talking one to another.  Of course, we waved but kept on walking but I was prompted to turn back.  So I asked my companion, hey, should we turn back?  So we passed back and talked to them. I am so glad we did because we found by following that prompting we now are teaching all four(4) of those ladies the restored gospel. And, guess what? They are willing to follow our Savior’s example when they find out for themselves, through prayer, the truthfulness of this wonderful message our Heavenly Father has sent us to share. 

I think back to the letter I wrote last week and know when we follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit we are indeed lead to do what the Lord requires of us. And though the remainder of the week a lot of our appointments fell through it is alright for I know as we go and do as the Lord commands we will see the blessings which come from being obedient, we all will. Scripture Mosiah 2:17 says, “And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.”  The pics are from churches in Olive Springs and Smyrna.  The only thing is  they all need the fullness of the restored gospel and that's why Sel and I are out here to bring it to them.  Oh, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment