Monday, September 22, 2014

Simeon and the Lord's Way

It's 5 a.m. and I'm ready for Zone Conference
So, this week we had a lot of spiritual inspiration and saw a lot of blessings, not in finding a ton of new persons to teach but in just the simple things.  Yesterday at church we were expecting a few of our investigators to show up.  We had everything planned from who will pick them up, but none of them showed up.  I was really disappointed at first until we went out to teach a few lessons and I was touched by the spirit as I was teaching and explaining the gospel to them. I was told I also needed to do the same things myself and then I got it! If I tried harder to be the light and example for others to follow, even in the smallest and simplest things, I will help others see the blessings that come from doing so themselves. I had to realize everything happens in the Lord's time and in his way, not mine, and I know he is there just watching as his plan begins to unfold and put into place. I was touched to see this little eight-year-old stand up and tell his grandmother he wanted to be baptized and he wanted to go to church. I would have cried but after all real men do not cry - they only shed a few tears. Sometimes we forget by small and simple means are great things brought to pass and that we should be grateful for even the smallest blessings we receive because our Heavenly Father has greater things in store for us.  This week we also met a lady while we were out finding and it was really perfect timing by the Lord.  We first knocked on her door but her daughter answered and said her parents where not at home.  As we were leaving, guess who showed up?  Her mom so I was whoa! and then after stating our purpose and what we do, she told us she had recently gone through a divorce.  I knew we were definitely sent to her. This is divine intervention on the Lord’s part.  She invited us back and that is what helped me to understand it's the Lords Way - not mine - that we will bring our brothers and sisters back into the fold.

Alma 37: 6-7 teaches us: Now ye may suppose this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment