Monday, September 8, 2014

Simeon Testifies

Football on zone p-day
So this week I dubbed the weird week. Sorry, I just had to. I felt super tired all week and I do not know why. Anyway this week we had our first lesson with a member present which was like the rain Saint George had last week. Only thing is we were all smiles for this one, because members play a huge role in helping investigators convert to the gospel by the wonderful testimonies they share.

Here is one super amazing experience from one person we are teaching. Her name is Melody.  She told us, “I woke up one morning at 4:00 am because my stomach was hurting me and I decided to pray to God for it to stop. The strangest thing happened as I was praying.  Something told me to pray and ask God if what the missionaries were telling me is true and so I did and went back to sleep. The next day I was sitting on my steps just playing with my phone and I noticed a certain plant my mom had cut all the way down had grown and was growing ever larger.  At first I thought I must be dreaming but then a friend of mine said the same thing and we both agreed since those ‘Mormon’ boys started to come that plant has started to grow again.”

A view of downtown Atlanta from the park
Of course, Melody had no idea what was going on so I explained how Heavenly Father was giving her an answer to her prayers and was telling her the message we are sharing is true. I reminded her of the first day we met her and she told us she did not think she had faith so I shared with her Alma 32:21, 28 and testified to her that like the plant her faith was also growing. It is so amazing to see how our Heavenly Father works by revealing to others the truthfulness of the message we are sharing and that if they read, ponder, exercise their faith and pray He will answer their prayers in unexpected ways. I testify the message we are all called to share is true and as we invite others to partake of it's wonderful blessings we all are blessed. I came across this scripture during personal study and I agree it is for all of us.  Its D&C 38:27 and says, “Behold, this I have given unto you as a parable, and it is even as I am. I say unto you, be one; and if ye are not one ye are not mine.” Let us all become one and invite all to become one with us, as well.

I came across this scripture during personal study and I agree it is for all of us.  Its D&C 38:27 and says, “Behold, this I have given unto you as a parable, and it is even as I am. I say unto you, be one; and if ye are not one ye are not mine.” Let us all become one and invite all to become one with us, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment