Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sicky Selwin

Well, what can I say about my last week?  Ummmmm, we did nothing and that is all because I was sick.  Don't worry, I'm doing okay now,  I'm not at 100% but I'm getting there. So we pretty much spent the whole week in our apartment where I was mostly in bed which I didn't like one bit, but I did go to church ... I wasn't going to miss that no matter what and it was awesome.

The bishop's wife gave a talk on temples and the importance of the temple, but most importantly about the blessings we can receive by going to the temple. She also talked about how we should all go to the temple when given the opportunity to do so  After she was finished another brother gave a talk on Self Confidence. After listening to this talk a thought came to me that hadn't come for a while and that is "God puts us in places at certain times for a reason." I think I was meant to hear that talk and it lifted my spirit and reminded me everything happens in God's time and not ours. 

We had specialized training yesterday and our mission president said something which clicked in my head and it is that Satan has stepped up his game and so we have to step up ours, too. It's a challenge each and every single day but in this battle between good and evil we know in the end good will always prevail but we have to be on guard at all times.

As I read 2 Nephi 22 this morning it talked a lot about how at the millennial day all men will praise the Lord and also declare his words, but the way I see it is we must not wait until then.  We have to do it now cause the way the world is going these days they desperately need God in their lives. My challenge to you would be to share this amazing gospel with everyone you meet. It doesn't matter how much you tell them but what it can do for them in their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment