Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Selwin is Fasting and Finding

Me, taking a rest, after 7 straight hours of tracting.
This week was awesome, a lot of hard work but it was awesome. So this week and particularly on Thursday we had an "Angelic Finding Day" where we fasted and went out looking for those whom the Lord has prepared to receive His gospel.  (Most of the other missionaries fasted on Wednesday but I wasn't feeling it that day so I just did it on Thursday).

When I got up on Thursday, I still didn't feel like fasting but then I prayed about it and thought about all the members who were fasting and praying for us to have success and thought "well, I can't let their prayers go in vain" so out we went. We didn't get close to the goals we had set but we did find a few and walking around with eight (8) copies of the Book of Mormon plus your own scriptures is not an easy thing especially when you have been tracting for seven (7) hours straight, but it was worth it.  When we were about half way done on a very long street we sat down for a bit.  We had only handed out two (2) copies of the Book of Mormon so things were looking a bit bleak. As we were sitting on someone's stairs (they weren't home) I looked up to the sky and said "God, what do you want us to do?" and clear as the day, I heard a voice say "Keep going" so I said okay and kept going.  We found two (2) other persons to talk as we went - one lady who wanted to know more about our religion and one very young couple who looked as if they had just gotten married who were very open minded about our message.  The wife even wanted to let us in but we couldn't because we were short on time and had another appointment, but you can be sure we will be going back.

It proved to me even more this truly is God's work and we have all been called and chosen to share it with our fellow brothers and sisters. In 2 Nephi 28:30 it reads:

For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line-upon-line, precept-upon-precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts and lend an ear to my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more and from them that shall say we have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.

A solid reminder God is not just our friend but our Father and He expects us, as his children, to receive his words and apply them in our lives.  As we approach General Conference I hope you all are preparing to receive God's words from His chosen servants because I sure am.

No comments:

Post a Comment