Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Simeon and the Devil

The sixth week in a transfer always seems to bring multiple challenges for a lot of reasons.  This week I had three flat tires so walked or ran home a lot. It is also the time when those we are teaching are opening their eyes to the truth and are starting to progress.  It is also when the adversary always tries to stop you in your tracks.  Unfortunately for him I have no intention of stopping or slowing down! Instead, I will double all of my previous efforts in order to bring my lost brothers and sisters back into the fold, and most importantly, back to Christ. I love doing it and I have the feeling my Heavenly Father does, as well. 

Though the week was a trying one we had a reason to smile as one person who we are teaching came to church. Yes, how I smiled, because that's “strike one” for the adversary but one great fastball by the Lord. Sometimes we forget to smile at the blessings we receive and just focus on getting more instead of being thankful for the little things and waiting for the big ones to come. In Guyana we often say “he who laughs last laughs the best.”  So, though the adversary may be laughing now our Heavenly Father and us will have the last laugh. 

This week, I watched the story of John Tanner who gave everything he had to help the church and who, whenever asked, never questioned or complained but did as he was asked to do.  He knew it was God and not man who was asking him for his service, so he did it gladly. Like John Tanner I will go and do what the Lord requires of me for John Tanner knew and I hope we all know the greatest treasure we will ever receive will be eternal life. I testify this is true in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ Amen.  (Mosiah 2:17) And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service‍ of your fellow‍ beings ye are only in the service of your God.

OK, so thanks for my 6-month anniversary box. I love my EFY CD’s. No trades on that but the tie … not so much.  I have good taste just not for that tie, but I will wear it because I love you that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment