Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Simeon Enjoys Conference Talks

So this week was General Conference. I was looking forward to it, because I had some okay … well, I should say a lot of questions I needed answers for, and, of course, I got them! But, my joy was even more great when after over a month of teaching, two investigators finally came to church.  In all we had three there to listen to the Prophet and Apostles of the Lord. Yes, I know it was my Heavenly Father's hand all over this one, and, I will gladly allow him to take the lead in matters such as this. I enjoyed General Conference in every extent. I felt the Holy Spirit throughout every single talk and session. It was incredible and, of course, I was taking notes as fast as I could.  For me the one most important thing that struck me was when President was telling the wonderful story of the battleship everyone thought was indestructible until it was destroyed.  Just before he finished that story I pulled out my planner and read the words President Monson quoted, "A man without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder."  Unbelievably, President Monson then said the exact same words. I was blown away and impressed at how marvelous are the works of the Lord and his Prophets and Apostles.  Then I wondered to myself what is my purpose? And I received the answer the very next day, which was Sunday, in the talk Elder M. Russell Ballard give when he said "Stay On The Ship Of Zion.”  I realized my purpose extends beyond serving a mission because my mission will still continue even after I am home.  It made me realize God has a plan for me and for all of us. So my little suggestion to myself and others is we “stay inside the boat and help others get back on as well" for will it not be wonderful to know we have all exercised our faith and we are all on the same ship which is leading us to eternal life and the celestial kingdom of God.

2 Nephi 31:19-21  
The Baptists getting a headstart on Hallowe'en
 19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.

 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment