Monday, October 27, 2014

Booking in Brockett


So, I’ve been transferred to Brockett, and guess what else?  I am companions with another Guyanese … Elder Stewart, so now I have a home boy at my side.  

Anyway, this week with me transferring into my new area and all, we were out doing a lot of finding as we are not teaching anyone as yet but we will. The place gets cold at night here so I cherish the sunshine every chance I get because I know more cold is coming.  I am trying to get prepared. For the past few days we have met quite a lot of people and have done alot of talking which is okay in my book as I love talking about the gospel.  There is one member here who served his mission in Guyana and he has a super huge flag from Guyana so we are best friends now!  It really is all about the gospel and the joy it brings to our lives.  

Celebrating Hallowe'en at the ward Trunk or Treat event
But, as we strive to help others have the same joy, the adversary often likes to jump in when he is not welcomed.  Then we have to kick him out and, hey, give him a good kick, too because we do not want him back!  We met some pretty cool people and, of course, the not-so-cool.  That’s OK because its all part of missionary work. I am here to work and if it means hours upon hours of walking the streets then I will gladly do it for there is no greater joy. As missionaries, we know there will be challenges but we can all overcome them, for after all, we have the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  As we remember and keep pressing forward we will find joy and happiness for that is the promise given to us as we follow the example Our Savior set for us. As we give up our desires and our will to take upon ourselves His will and His desires we truly will see what He sees and hear what He hears and feel what He feels for all of our brothers and sisters who are members or not.  (See Ether 12:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment