Wednesday, August 27, 2014

It's Selwin on Wednesday

Me with my new companion and district leader, Elder Byerly
There was no explanation as to why Elder Selwin didn't write home until Wednesday, but here is what he wrote:  So this week was the week before transfers and it was tough, really tough. So what I've been doing lately is listening to a lot of talks and BYU devotionals and, oh boy, are these talks interesting and I mean right down to the very end. I really don't have much to report on just that I have a new companion and I'm staying in Shreveport.

My new companion's name is Elder Byerly and he's from California.  He's been out only six (6) months and he's already the new district leader here so we'll see how things go for the next six weeks.

So as we were sitting in the gospel principles class on Sunday a lady, who is a member, asked a question nobody was answering properly, so after class I went over to where she was sitting and gave her a very simple explanation.  Guess what?  She understood. Later in the week I was reading in 1 Nephi, Chapter 13 and to my amazement the same question was asked and, well you guessed it, the answer was there.  This was even more proof the scriptures hold the answers to all the questions we have, not just about this life but also about what happens after.  I hope you all are reading and applying what you have learned each and every single day towards the betterment of not just your life, but also the life of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment