Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Simeon in Smyrna

Me and Elder Barraclough in Smyrna, Georgia
Well, it seems me and my bro are on the same page, though I think he got the better deal here. Seriously, all we did was tracting the entire week because when you open up a new area it means there are no former records. You start fresh and boy, it isn't easy. The rains fell here, as well. We went out to look for some new persons to teach and discovered the entire area we had planned to tract was like a ghost town. I mean, no one was home. It was just weird. Then we saw the clouds coming and the whole place started to get foggy so we determined it was best to ride home. It was a good idea but we still got caught in the down pour and as I was nearing home I completely wiped out. Me and the bike took a few feet of sliding down a hill. Luckily, this was not my first experience of falling off bikes but all I remember is sliding on my back a good way down the hill before me and the bike stopped. I guess it goes to show Heavenly Father really does watch over his servants because all I received was a little scratch. Of course I got to my feet right away, shook it off and away I went again. I have learned in my life "falling down does not make you a failure, but staying down does." So I will keep getting up, no matter how many times I fall or if we did not find anyone who was open to learn more about the gospel. The adversary will do all he can to stop us but Heavenly Father will do all He can to help us succeed in fulfilling our duty to him. The hymn, "Onward Christian Soldiers" teaches us to "go onward, Christian soldier," so I will go onward with my Savior and Redeemer going on before. I encourage all to do the same for the blessings promised in 2 Nephi 26:33 and 2 Nephi 27:23.

No comments:

Post a Comment