Monday, August 18, 2014

Selwin Gets Planted

A big bunch of my peeps ... but not many couples!
This week we had both Zone and Stake Conference, so it was a packed week.  Zone conference was awesome … really spiritual and it was the same way with stake conference. Elder L. Whitney Clayton, a member of the Presidency of the Seventy and Area Seventy Elder R. Randall Bluth came. It was awesome! The week was a good one, too.  We found a few persons who, for the moment, seem interested, so hopefully it remains that way.  One of our investigators even gave us a plant which grows indoors since I told her all the trees back home are on the outside.  My companion said, “man that's all on you.”  It hasn't died yet so I must be doing something right.

Time sure is flying out here though.  As I was reading in Matthew 9:36-38 the other day something Jesus Christ said really puzzled me but truly reinforced in me that every missionary every here has been called to serve the Lord.  This truly is his work and it has to go forth to the world.

36       But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

37       Then saith he to his disciples, the harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

39       Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. 

So what more can I say? It's a privilege being able to serve the Lord and I know He appreciates the work I do, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment