Monday, July 28, 2014

Selwin's Roller Coaster Week

Get up, Selwin.  Time to get to work!!!
This week was nothing but ups and downs. Just when we finally thought things were turning around for us, everything flopped. You’re probably wondering why I'm laughing, aren't you?  Well, it's no use getting upset over something you can't control, so why fuss over it. The week didn't start good at all.  We had rain and all kinds of stuff put us off so we didn't do anything much, but there's always a “but” in there.  Seems things turned around a little for us, because we finally had an investigator who had questions and just wanted to know more about the church and about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We set up an appointment to teach her on Thursday last. Never since I've been out here have I felt the spirit so strong while teaching someone about the gospel.  There’s not enough words to describe the way I felt at the time. After we had this awesome lesson about the foundation of the church and about prophets and apostles, we found out she was leaving.  Wow, was that a bombshell.  I was like “really?  After all this?  Yes, we lost the most promising investigator ever. I would go as far as saying she was “golden,” but I was smiling because I know one day this young lady would be a member of the church, without doubt.
More of my peeps ...

For a time I was asking Heavenly Father to show me and to help me gain that love for the people I teach and guess what?  He did!  For that I'm grateful.  There’s always going to be ups and downs but you just have to work through them and keep pressing forward.

In Ether 12:4 it reads: Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, and being led to glorify God.”

So just keep the faith and let all the glory be given to the Lord cause like it says all we need is faith and to trust in him and we will be blessed. Congrats to my Bro Simeon for an upcoming baptism.  Keep up the great work.

No comments:

Post a Comment