Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Simeon to Take the Adversary Head On

Simeon?  Petting a dog?  Inside someone's house?  Who is this guy and what has he done with Elder Lovell?
So, as tough as last week was, this week was way tougher.  We had appointments drop right, left and center.  It was mouth dropping but through the whole week I just smiled. Why? Well, I see the adversary is stepping up his game so I'm preparing to take him head on.  If he throws a fast ball "I'll hit it out of the park", if he is the goalie blocking my way to score a winning goal "I'll go around him and score" and if he bowls a full toss "I'll hit it for six" for he may stand alone, but I have the Lord's army with me. 


I looked back on July 4th for one instance where we biked 44.8 miles.  The average a missionary goes in a car is 40 and we found no one who wanted to learn more, but instead of giving up I stepped up and me and my companion taught two teenagers an amazing spirit-filled lesson.  It just goes to show when we are willing to put in the work our Heavenly Father will bless us. Yeah, easier said than done, I know, but is it not worth fighting for, to bring those lost and cherished souls of our brothers and sister back to God? I testify to you that it is. We are all missionaries - name tag or no name tag.  Let us not forget as my brother quoted from 1 Timothy 4:12-16 I will add Doctrine & Covenants 84:85: "Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion which shall be meted unto every man". Trust me it works! Just remember we all have only just begun and there is still more work to be done, so as Elder Holland said "HOPE ON, JOURNEY ON"

No comments:

Post a Comment