Monday, July 21, 2014

Simeon Isn't BUSY


Br. Bedwell gives Simeon electro shock therapy!  Say what???
This week, I must say, was OK.  We only found one person who wanted to learn more, but, hey, as the saying goes “beggars can’t be choosers" so I am grateful for one. This week, though, we exploded with member present lessons.  It was awesome!  The members now seem to realize the missionaries are doing all the work so they want to help out more. YES!  This is what I have been waiting for.  It is just like I said, “the work moves along when members and missionaries work together.”  It is wonderful to see members, willingly helping out in the work, for that is the way is should be.  I know we all have busy schedules but a wise leader back home told me one Sunday, when I told him I was "BUSY" doing something else, the best definition for the word "BUSY" is "B-eing U-nder  S-atan's Y-oke.”  Now do you think I was ever "busy" after that?  No, I was not. There is always time to do the Lord's work, so please help out in every way you can to move this good work along. I know you can do it and so does our Heavenly Father. 

Anyway, I was preparing a Baptismal Calendar for a few kids we have on date to be baptized so I did the same for someone else. I went totally color crazy.  It made me feel like a kid again but it just goes to show how exciting it is to share the gospel. I was reading 1 Nephi 19:23 … “And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning.”  We know the truth so lets liken it unto all.

No comments:

Post a Comment