Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Simeon Proposes a Missionary Challenge


Playing ping pong in our apartment ... I always win!
So, this week was super tough!  We found one person who wanted to know and learn more of God's plan for her.  Everyone else we talked to were not too interested.  But, hey, one is sometimes enough because that one could lead to 2, then to 6, and, then to 10. This week we had Interviews.  My mission president said, “keep working hard. I know there will be baptisms this transfer. I just know it!” He's a good guy - that mission president of ours.  We always feel the spirit whenever he's around. I believe we can have baptisms this transfer.  Every prepared person already has a baptismal date given to them by our Heavenly Father. Isn't He awesome?  

We are biking a lot - more than we did before.  We pretty much toughed 200 miles in the last week and a half.  Whew! I have no complaints, but it is funny when you look at your companion at a stop sign and see beads of perspiration rolling down his face. Hey, he said he could keep up. I just put him to the test, that's all. 

So this week, how about we study talks from General Conference. They were awesome and inspiring.  My goal this week for all of us is to pick a favorite talk and share it with a friend or non-member.  You can do it so don’t say, “I don't know if I can” because “fear and doubt opposes faith. Resolve your fear with faith" and if you need extra help, remember 1Nephi 3:7 … "I will go and do the things the Lord hath commanded."  Be as Nephi of old and trust the Lord to be your guide in sharing this wonderful gospel with someone else who needs it in their life. The way is already prepared so jump on your bikes and start pedaling down the PATH!  

No comments:

Post a Comment