Monday, July 21, 2014

"We Don't Do Jesus Here"

Selwin goes "biking with my boys.  It was awesome!"
Selwin writes:  The week was a tough one. It rained some and was pretty much over cast for most of the week which was alright even though I don't really mind the sun. We found a few persons this week, but we are not entirely convinced they are interested in much of what we have to say but we will keep the faith and keep moving forward.

Still don't have a solid investigator but they will come in time. From what I'm seeing this place has potential but we haven't found the right people as yet. This week while we where out tracting we came to a door, gave it a good knocking then waited for the owners to come. When the dude opened the door he asked what we were selling?  We said "nothing" then he just slammed the door in our faces. To be honest, one side of me just wanted to have him come again and to give him a good word but as I'm trying to be more Christ like.  I'm taking upon myself His attributes and among those is patience.  It’s not easy but when things like that happen to us I just turn keep smiling and even start signing.  Trust me, that has helped me a whole lot.  On the same street we came to another house where one gentleman inquired if we were teaching about Jesus.  Then he said, “sorry, we don't do Jesus here."  That made me a bit sad, not just because of what he said but also because standing right next to him were his two young daughters.  I pray someday in their lifetime they will find their Savior.

"My boys" are (from left) Elder Iden, Br. Marcus Journey
and my companion, Elder Muhile
We are working hard and I know things will get better because this is the Lord's work.  All we have to do is have faith and put our trust in Him.

Mosiah 4:6 teaches:  I say unto you, if ye have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God, and his matchless power, and his wisdom, and his patience, and his long-suffering towards the children of men; and also, the atonement which has been prepared from the foundation of the world, that thereby salvation might come to him who should put his trust in the Lord, and should be diligent in keeping his commandments, and continue in the faith even unto the end of his life, I mean the life of the mortal body.

Need I say anymore about how great and merciful the Lord is to us? I know he will bless us because we are his children and he loves us.  We just have to put forth our works.  If you haven't, you might as well get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment