Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Selwin says ...

Whoever lives here must have REALLY big feet!
Okay, so last week it rained for three days which totally put us off.  My companion was really glad it rained … yep, he was all smiles this week. Anyway, by God's miraculous power we where able to work and it was awesome.  We actually found some of God's lost children to teach and hopefully they will progress.  On top of that we had a lot of less-actives in church on Sunday. So it's been good despite the challenges we faced. 

This week during personal study I came across a scripture I had marked but wasn't looking for.  

It's taken from 1 Timothy 4: 12-16:

12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, inpurity.
13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of hands of the presbytery.
15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
It reminded me of my purpose as a missionary which is to invite others to come unto Christ. Elder Dallin H.Oaks once said: “We do not preach and teach in order to ‘bring people into the Church’ or to increase the membership of the Church. We do not preach and teach just to persuade people to live better lives. … We invite all to come unto Christ by repentance and baptism and confirmation in order to open the doors of the celestial kingdom to the sons and daughters of God. No one else can do this.”
And that is so true, so I try to remember every day to ask the Lord to be with me and to loosen my tongue and to talk through me and I have seen His hand at work so just keep at it.
This is not my work but my Father which is in Heaven and I sure am glad I have this opportunity to serve him.  Well, till next time, stay strong, saints.
Oh, and here is a sign I saw while tracting a house:Beware of the dog but the cat is not trustworthy either.”  So watch out you cat lovers. Oh, yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment