Monday, June 23, 2014

Selwin Writes ...

The Haderlies:  Conner, Wendy and Bryan
Hey, I guess it's time for my weekly report, huh?  Unfortunately, there's not much to report.

We had interviews this week with the mission president, which was awesome, as always.  We got some new goals I need to accomplish by the time we visit again.  Scary. This has been an okay week though.  We are still working hard to find those souls the Lord has prepared.  It’s been hard work.  A lot of people out here are grateful for what we are doing even if they don't believe or want to hear what we have to share.  Other times you meet a lot of people who just want to argue about The Book Of Mormon being the word of God.  A lot of times I feel like reading the scripture found in 2 Nephi 3-14 (mainly verse 6) but I don't.  It's sad to hear what they say but hopefully some time down the road when other missionaries come they will change their minds and listen. 

Yeah, that was basically my week then President Benn sent me some scriptures to read from Doctrine and Covenants 33.  I especially like verses 16-17 which reads:

17 Wherefore, be faithful, praying always, having your lamps trimmed and burning, and oil with you, that you may be ready at the coming of the Bridegroom—

18 For behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, that I come quickly. Even so. Amen.

Yep, that’s right.  The invitation is there and we all have a work to do, so like President Hinckley said "The gospel is nothing to be ashamed of. It is something to be proud of. 'Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord,' wrote Paul to Timothy (2 Tim. 1:8). Opportunities for sharing the gospel are everywhere".
So lets start doing it.  Blessings will come but it's the joy of seeing our fellow brothers and sisters brought back into the fold that's going to make it all worth it.

Oh, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment