Monday, June 23, 2014

Simeon Meets Moses

Out with the old (companion) and 
in with the new - Elder Torgersen!
This week we had rain, sun and transfers. I got a new companion his name is Elder Torgersen and he's from Spanish Fork, Utah. I put him to work right away (it's just what I do). He has been out 15 months and has seen it all, so he always lets the spirit guide him which is awesome … and he keeps the place clean. A lot of our appointments fell through last week but, hey, that's missionary work for you. I always tell myself that only means I have to work harder.

Since we have been out here we have heard a lot of nicknames people give us, for example: the Spanish people call us Marshmallows and would say every time they see us "the marshmallows are coming, the marshmallows are coming" and then they would run away.  One girl in her prayer called us the "Marians" and the best is not a nickname … we met a lady who named her dog "Moses" so I was like, no way!  Was it you who parted the red sea, stick and all?  Honestly, I busted out laughing.  So did my companion and the owner as well.  The only one who seemed to have a problem with the joke was the dog.  He just barked all the time.  Hey, I guess you can't please everyone.

I learned this week members as well as missionaries have the light of Christ within them.  We taught a family an amazing lesson on how to recognize the Holy Spirit and explained they are the key to building up the Lord's kingdom here on earth. I said we are all here to “bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man". Sometimes we have to remember the rock upon which our foundations are built.  Do not forget the foundation upon which you build and help others to build their foundation up as well. In Helaman 5:12 we are reminded we must all build upon the foundation, which is the sure foundation, then we can face all things with the help of the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment