Monday, June 16, 2014

Selwin's Rough Week

Irony ... sign on a house where we were told to go away!
Okay, so my week was a rough one, but I can't complain cause things have been getting better. It's been alright.  We did some service this week so all-in-all I would say it was okay. Didn't really meet anyone who was interested but that's okay cause I know God has prepared his children for us to teach. We just have to find them.

As I was reading my scriptures this week I came to the realization that as long as we have the spirit of God with us we will be blessed. It says in Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. Against such there is no law".

Wake up, Selwin.  There's work to be done!
In this life all we need to do is to turn to our Father in Heaven. He is just waiting to hear from us and to let us know He cares dearly about us because we are his children. As we met with a less active member this week he was a little concerned about these things and so I read that scripture to him and told him about the love God had for him. His greatest desire was to change his life, so we told him as long as you have that desire and as long as you are willing to do what it takes, God will bless you because He knows you by name and knows your needs.  It makes him happy when we do the things to draw us nearer to Him. No matter who you are or what you do, my advice would be to pray and ask God to show you the way. For more help read 3 Nephi: 9.  It will change your life, if you believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment