Monday, July 28, 2014

Simeon's First Baptism Scheduled

Well, I found out this week I am going to be transferred to a place I cannot even pronounce, but I will get it eventually.  Anyway this week I officially quoted as the weirdest week so far. Not even joking. We started off hearing the good news of two (2) of our investigators being given the green light for baptism.  Yahoo!  This means this coming Saturday, and faithfully the next, we will be having four (4) new members in the Cartersville Ward. Yes, working hard has paid off and now I can say we'll be having baptisms. I am so happy!  Then I got the news I am being transferred, but, hey, I sent a letter to my mission president requesting the opportunity to return since they asked me to perform the sacred ordinance of baptism for them.  How great is my joy to see these wonderful persons enter into our Heavenly Father's fold.  It makes me happy to know the person baptizing them is not me but, in reality our Savior Jesus Christ.  Just think about it.  Take away my name and everything else and all you are left is Jesus Christ.  He is the one I am representing, therefore He is the one people reject or accept and when they do accept how great is their joy, as well as ours. This week during personal studies I came across a scripture in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 and wrote it down to share.  It says,
 
6  But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
7  Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Indeed when we serve the Lord and others with full purpose of heart and give our all, and do so willingly, our reward, as well as theirs, is bountiful.  Please do and give all you can in helping others receive the wonderful Restored Gospel into their lives.  Remember to always choose the right and also, do what is right!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment