Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Selwin's Challenge

We baked on the Fourth of July
It didn't rain at all this week but the place was really cool, much to my companion's delight.  He just hates when it's really hot. The week has been good but I wish it was better, but, hey, I'll take some good over nothing any day.  We have been working hard to find new people to teach and by some amazing miracles we have. It has been good.  We are now trying to follow up with them and to be persistent following the counsel of Elder Russell M. Ballard. One more week before the next transfer and the end of training. I can't wait.  It truly has been amazing so far that much I can testify of.

So, last week I was watching a video on the Mormon Channel called "Rescued By Christ" and it was awesome but it was the message under it that got me thinking. It was a quote from President Thomas S. Monson and it reads: “There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save. Are we doing all we should?”

It got me thinking. Even as a fulltime missionary, am I doing all I should to help those who don't know about the gospel of Jesus Christ? So I've been trying to challenge myself to start if I haven't and I would like to encourage you all to do the same thing for those neighbors and friends who aren't members and the people we work with. It is our responsibility to bring them to that knowledge. We are all disciples of Christ and as his disciples it is up to us to carry on and do His work.  What greater purpose can we have in this life than doing our Savior's work and will?

No comments:

Post a Comment