Monday, May 4, 2015

Simeon's Good Week

Elders Dimanche, Lovell and Robinson
So yesterday was fast and testimony Sunday. We met together as a ward and I saw many new faces I have not seen for a while or ever.  The fast and testimony meeting was really something special for everyone in our Sacrament meeting felt the Holy Spirit. I know they did. The old bishop of the ward and the new bishop both bore their testimonies.  So did a few members, then I felt prompted to go up and do the same.  It is not easy to follow a bishop but I knew I needed to, so I did.  After way too many people came up to me to say it was a wonderful testimony, a few non-members even called it a talk.  It was alright because I knew they all felt the Holy Spirit for sure.

Our past week has been good.  We have been working really hard to get this wonderful ward of ours moving to do missionary work.  Hey, it is tough but I will not stop now. We were able to see quite a few people show up to church and one of them met our mission president.  Boy, he got straight to work.  It was really cool to stand on the side lines and watch him invite this investigator to act and be baptized.  Then he testified of the many blessings, then he called his wife in to bear witness to what he said. It was awesome!  I was just standing there going “yes, way to go president.” it was really awesome to see.

Things get hard sometimes but that's okay.  Instead of arguing or complaining I have learned to be thankful for the blessings I receive and thank my Heavenly Father for them, as well.  It helps big time, for as we know, as much as he can freely give he can surely take, so I say thank you for all the little blessings and miracles I see or receive and I know he appreciates it.

That is all I have for this week but I will not let you go without a scripture:

1 Nephi 8:1-12
 1 And it came to pass that we had gathered together all manner of seeds of every kind, both of grain of every kind, and also of the seeds of fruit of every kind.
 2 And it came to pass that while my father tarried in the wilderness he spake unto us, saying: Behold, I have dreamed a dream; or, in other words, I have seen a vision.
 3 And behold, because of the thing which I have seen, I have reason to rejoice in the Lord because of Nephi and also of Sam; for I have reason to suppose that they, and also many of their seed, will be saved.
 4 But behold, Laman and Lemuel, I fear exceedingly because of you; for behold, methought I saw in my dream, a dark and dreary wilderness.
 5 And it came to pass that I saw a man, and he was dressed in a white robe; and he came and stood before me.
 6 And it came to pass that he spake unto me, and bade me follow him.
 7 And it came to pass that as I followed him I beheld myself that I was in a dark and dreary waste.
 8 And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have mercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies.
 9 And it came to pass after I had prayed unto the Lord I beheld a large and spacious field.
 10 And it came to pass that I beheld a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one happy.
 11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen.
 12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.

Just remember someone called you to come and partake of the fruit.  Now you have, so you need to do the same for someone else. You can do it … I know you can! Be brave, bold and loving and you will see it will work out. Trust me, I do it every day. I know the Lord rejoices as you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment