Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Selwin and the Mosquitoes

Happy Mothers Day because everyday is mother's day, right? Well, this week was transfers and I'm staying in Picayune - no surprises there - and so is my companion Elder Franklin. We rode and walked quite a bit last week and the weather was awesome.

That awesome feeling of perspiration running down your forehead reminds me so much of the weather at home and also indicates you are working. We renamed one street "Mean Mitchell Street" because, as you can guess by the name, everyone was mean. We also had swarms of mosquitoes follow us around for a while to the point where we had to start running to get away from them. I guess they were just attracted to the awesomeness of the gospel we share and can you blame them?

After trying for over three hours yesterday I was able to call home, but what hit home is what I should have done first I did last and that was to seek the help of the Lord. It made me realize a lot of times in our life we tend to put the Lord on the back burner and forget He's there and only remember Him when we need something from Him. Now we all know that's not the way it should be. King Benjamin reminds us in Mosiah 4:11 which reads:

So, no more dumping dead cats?
11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel."

As any parent, our Father in Heaven desires us to remember Him always.  Remember, the Father will never let go of us but a lot of times we let go of Him and all because we don't put Him first in all we do. So it is my humble desire we put the Lord first in all we do and with out any doubt we will see a difference in our lives and in all we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment