Monday, May 18, 2015

Selwin Says It's Not As Easy As It Looks

Elder Franklin and me at the doctor's office
The rains have once again come to this neck of the woods but we didn't let that stop us from doing what we love ... missionary work. We had to pay a visit to the doctor this week because my companion had an ingrown toe nail removed and was on bed rest for a whole day.

But after that we got things going and then we were off to the country side to find those children of God who are just waiting on us to knock on their doors.  Sadly, we didn't find a lot of new people to teach this week but the few we found were pretty open to listening to what we had to say. Tracting out in the woods though can be very tricky especially if you're not used to it. So, my companion has been in a battle with those ferocious little creatures called mosquitoes. Every time they bite him a bump comes up, so I urged him to spray himself down before going out. Sadly, he forgot to do so but luckily we  got to borrow some of the "good stuff" from a lady whose door we had knocked on. So I asked Elder Franklin, "why are you calling this the good stuff?" and with eyes closed he looked at me and said "because it burns"

Only 1600 lbs. Pchhh, no problem, but where's the handle on this thing?
The mission we are here to fulfill is definitely not an easy one and a lot of times there are obstacles just thrown in our way.  At times these hurdles seem impossible to overcome but the Lord has promised us that through these times He will be there with us. So we can overcome whatever it is we are facing in our lives, many a times these things cause us to hurt, especially on a spiritual and emotional scale but it is in these times the Lord expects us to turn to Him even more. Pray to your Father in Heaven, talk with Him. He wants to hear what you have to say whether it be in silent or out loud. He is listening, He is mindful of your needs and His arms are wide open to comfort you.

The Lord is our guide as it say in the Book of Psalms:

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

At every hour, in every need turn to the Lord and He will always be your guide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment