Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Selwin's Week is One for the Books

More ties from Elder Franklin's mom
Boy, this week has been one for the books. We pushed ourselves to do everything and to try to achieve all of our weekly goals. Sadly, we fell short but not by much.  This week was awesome!

We also had the opportunity to attend a baptismal service this week.  It was really nice and for the first time I just felt prompted I should go up and bear my testimony, so I did. Then I read about my brother's week and it just reassured me even more there are those out there whose hearts will be touched by us and by the testimonies we share of the gospel and of Christ. President Brigham Young credited his conversion to a simple testimony from a member of the church.  Truly it is a powerful tool in bringing others to know of the Father's will for them

In his last testimony Moroni said:
32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.

 34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen."

If the Lord has blessed you with something great, it is to be shared with everyone.  Don't keep it to yourself but use it. It is the reason why you have been given it.  Who knows by what means your testimony will be a bright spot in someones's day or change someone's life forever. I know words have molding power, my friends, and your testimony of the gospel is no different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment