Monday, May 18, 2015

Simeon is Not Weary in Well Doing

Elder Schoebinger and I taking a safe break
So, I found out early this morning I will be leaving the Sharpsburg Ward and area and will be going to who-knows-where.  I don't know yet where I will be serving but will find out at the transfer meeting on Wednesday and report back.

This week we were both feeling tired for some reason. It seemed, despite our wonderful plans, there was always a little set back and we all know who is behind them. I found myself praying a lot more than I usually did and I quickly realized I was not tired at all and I was full of energy always. It is the sneaky trick the adversary loves to play, especially when he sees you working hard.  He puts a prompting in your head to deceive you because that is all he did. I was not about to say “hi, come on in.”  NO WAY! I kicked him out.  We cannot work and do what the Lord needs us to do on 90% … only know the adversary is not going to go 85% for us or for the people he is trying to deceive.  Instead we should give more by praying more, reading our scriptures more and serving others more.  We should be at 200% and more - slacken not against the adversary for he will not to us.

Shooting some hoops (and a selfie) at our Zone P-Day
Even though we did not find a lot of new persons to teach it was exciting to teach a recent convert about the temple and family history work.  Her face lit up at the idea.  It was truly special to see and her diligence in gathering her family information is getting better. I know the spirit of Elijah has touched her heart.

We also were able to see many old faces come to church yesterday.  To see these less-active brothers and sisters return to the place they truly belong is something special - even as special as when someone new joins the Lord's church.  The feeling is one I still cannot describe but it brings joy to my heart and soul.

A few quotes from an apostle of the Lord and the Prophet got my attention this week as I did my studies:

1: "Cling to your faith. Hold on to your hope. Some blessings come soon, some come late and others don't come until Heaven, but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ THEY DO COME."     Elder Holland

2: "Amid the storms of life, danger lurks. Men and women, boys and girls find themselves stranded and facing destruction. Who will guide the lifeboats, leaving behind the comforts of home and family and go to the rescue? Our task is not insurmountable. We are on the Lord's errand.  We are entitled to his help."  President Monson.

Brothers and Sisters, we need to cling to our faith and hold on and hope on and as we do, we help others along the way for we are promised by the Lord as we do all we can do to help ourselves and others he will help us, for nothing is impossible with the Lord.

"Every member a missionary" is not just words from a Prophet! They are the words from God and as we go to the rescue of others we ourselves will be saved. I know this counsel to be true for I see and know it. I will continue to see it in my life and my humble prayer is for you to do and experience the same in the name of our precious Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment