Monday, May 11, 2015

Simeon Trusts in the Lord

Light and Elder Lovell at the end of the tunnel
This week went by super fast and super slow at some points and boy, oh boy, did we have it tough talking with people and finding new persons to teach. It would seem the adversary is hardening the hearts of these our brothers and sisters and leaving us with the tough task of softening them up which sometimes is not a piece of cake.  

 But, we had some really cool lessons this week with investigators and that because we wanted them to have a vision of how the Lord sees them.  We taught two investigators in front of the baptismal font and though we did not get to fill it, the effect was still the same! When we taught them the lesson we all felt the presence of the Holy Spirit so strong and testified of it with all energy of heart.  One investigator was smiling through it all and the other felt it as well.  Whe asked me to share with her a little of how I joined the church and so I did.  I told her I needed to learn to trust the Lord a whole lot because at one point I had very little trust in him and always doubted saying, “I cannot do this” or “I can't do that.”  So by putting my trust in him I was able to more fully comprehend he has a plan for me in this life and though I really don't know what it is, he does. Though one of the investigators could not make it to church, since it was Mother's Day we stopped by, gave her some flowers, a poem and, of course, chocolate which cheered her right up.  We found out she had not been feeling well for a time but she is now.
This week I was also able to give a blessing to one of the sisters’ investigators.  Boy, the Holy Spirit was so in charge of that one because the words just kept coming and I just kept speaking.  After the blessing one of the sisters told me in the blessing, I answered the question her investigator had.  That is so awesome and I left there thankful and grateful to be a worthy priesthood holder.  What a blessing it is to have the priesthood in these latter days.

Yes, trusting in the Lord is so important, even if we cannot see the full picture He does and works miracles in our lives.  Yesterday I was able to talk with my grandmother and she said, “I am reading the Book of Mormon but the names are so strange.” I said, “true Gran but the message is the same.” I was able to comfort her to know the message we share is true and I encouraged her to read, ponder and pray. I know she will.  So you see, the Lord sees the bigger picture so let us trust him and be like Nephi of old who said in 1 Nephi 4:6-7

6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.

 7 Nevertheless I went forth.

My humble prayer is we all do the same and trust in the Lord to lead and guide us through.  I know we can do it and as we do we will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment