Monday, April 27, 2015

Selwin Learns from the Brother of Jared

A convertible ride with the Fairbanks
So it's been a week of hard work with very little success; but, we had some success and that's all that matters. It's been overcast for most of the week and today the sky's finally broke so now we are having a down pour of heavenly blessings, hooray!!!.

We walked a lot and rode a lot to the point where both the brakes on my bike gave out on me and my shoes became my brake pad.  Good thing I learned how to ride on the roads in Guyana. Yep, it was quite the week. There really isn't much to say, to be honest, besides that, but I did find something in the scriptures I had never noticed before and it really made me ponder. While reading this week in the Book of Ether chapter 2:25 I read:

25  "And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?"

A porch find
Now you're probably wondering what could have stuck out to me in this scripture.  Well, lets focus on how the Lord prepared the brother of Jared and his family and friends to face that which was to come.  Has not the Lord done the same for us? Has He not prepared us by giving us His word, by giving us commandments to follow, by calling Prophets to teach us His will and most importantly by sending His only Begotten Son, even Jesus Christ to die for the sins of all mankind and yet just like He has done with the brother of Jared He is asking us " What more can I do for you?" Does this not testify to us of a God who cares and of a God of love and of a God who truly is mindful of our eternal salvation? I certainly think it does. Even after all that has been done to prepare us He is still asking us, "What more can I do for you?" so why not tell Him, for it is His commandment that we call upon Him. And have the faith that when you tell Him what ever it is He can do for you it will be done. I am not a scholar by any means but I do know the Lord hears and answers us and keeps His promises. I know the Lord truly does speak to us, especially through His words.  I stand with President Ezra Taft Benson when he said the Book of Mormon truly was meant for our days. Isn't that so true?  

No comments:

Post a Comment