Monday, April 6, 2015

Selwin Can't Decide

Elder Franklin and I modeling the Easter goodies
sent by his mom!
Conference is the talk of the whole town today.  Talk about receiving revelation from God's chosen servants! It's hard to pick whose talk stood out the most because they were all so good.  Don't you agree, yes it was awesome!!!! Well, before I get into the details just so you know I moved!!!, I'm now in Picayune, Mississippi.

Anyway, back to conference!  So as I sat and listened to these servants of God speak I couldn't help but apply everything they said towards my own life. There were a few talks in particular that really hit home.  The first was Elder Jeffrey R. Holland’s talk. The story at the beginning of the two brothers and the strong hands and arms ensuring a life was not lost reminded me of a time when I felt like I was lost but that the Savior held on to me with all the power He has when I was just ready to let go. It really made me appreciate, even more, all the Savior has done for me and all He continues to do for me. Truly, His love cannot be measured and His arm is extended to all who will just let Him hold them. Another was President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk on grace and the gift attainable by all.  As I was reading in the Book of Mormon today the words of the prophet Moroni reemphasized that grace truly is a gift given by God after all we do in this life, he said.

Moroni chapter 10:32-33 reads:

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot."

There are so many others I could quote at this time but I will save them for the upcoming weeks.  This fight we are in isn't getting any easier but we can be sure of one thing and that is the Lord will never abandon His children. No, He will do all He can to save us all, and do you know why? Because this is his will and this is His promise to us and God keeps His promises. We all face challenges in this life and they will never stop, but just remember you are never alone so you don't have to face those challenges alone.  The Lord is there always willing and able to lend a hand to those who need it whenever that may be.

Remember, the gospel is true, and I testify it is, in the sacred name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment