Monday, April 13, 2015

Simeon Stays in Sharpsburg

Elders Heber, Lovell, Belnap and Schoebinger
Alright, I am staying in Sharpsburg with my now finished trainee Elder Schoebinger from Lehi, Utah. If you do not know how to pronounce his name, it’s alright.

This week was a lot tougher to find souls to share this wonderful message with, but, hey, we all have those weeks so I will keep pressing forward. We were able, however, to find a lost sister of ours.  When we invited her to be baptized she said, "Yes, that is a goal I need to reach."  Well, I was so stunned it took me about a minute to respond.  All I could say was, "that's right." I had nothing else and, hey, maybe that is all the Lord needed me to say and so I said it.

We walked a lot this week and ate out a lot.  It seems my digestive system does not like a lot of fast food because it sometimes gives me a whirl of a time when I eat it.  Guess I may have to go to “plan B” which is to eat healthy.

My former district
We were able to see the blessings of hard work pay off though as two of those we are teaching accepted a baptism date … and, get this!  One of them has a relative who is a member!  How awesome is that?  We only found out on Sunday when she came to church for the first time.  It was super amazing!

We also got the opportunity to speak in Relief Society for a bit (trust me, this is not my first time doing it).  I have to tell you the Spirit in that meeting was something special, and, not ruling us priesthood men out, but I almost wanted to stay.  My respect and credit to the amazing and wonderful sisters of the church … you are special!

Well, not much more to say but as always a little scripture to close.  I was studying in 3 Nephi 30:1-2 where it says:

 1 Hearken, O ye Gentiles, and hear the words of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, which he hath commanded me I should speak concerning you, for, behold he commandeth me I should write, saying:
 2 Turn, all ye Gentiles, from your wicked ways; and repent of your evil doings, of your lyings and deceivings, and of your whoredoms, and of your secret abominations, and your idolatries, and of your murders, and your priestcrafts, and your envyings, and your strifes, and from all your wickedness and abominations, and come unto me, and be baptized in my name, that ye may receive a remission of your sins, and be filled with the Holy Ghost, that ye may be numbered with my people who are of the house of Israel.

We have a sacred responsibility to share this Gospel with everyone and we can do so step-by-step. Just remember what is at hand and help others receive the marvelous blessings you and I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment