Monday, April 20, 2015

Simeon Testifies of Keeping on Keeping On!

Yee, haw!!!
So, this week the rain decided to come down in all it's glorious splendor and marvel, and I decided, hey, so would I. My companion asked me, “hey, Elder Lovell what does the sun look like?” I replied, “well, it's round and really hot. Why do you ask?”  “Oh nothing, just that I have not seen it for three days,” was his reply. Yep, he is a funny Elder, but hey, we dis still labor, even in the rain and we were blessed for our efforts by the Lord. It  was not easy because when the rain decides to fall here in Georgia everyone else decides to not open their doors.  

But with great faith and lots of prayer we pressed forward and rejoiced everywhere we saw the hand of the Lord for it truly was marvelous. We have been working really hard to get two investigators to church and Sunday one of them came for her first time.  The other came for her second time. The coolest part of it is one was ready for church since 11:00 and church started at 1 pm.  The other came through pouring rain with her 1-year-old daughter.  Talk about dedication and longing for the truth these two sisters truly have shown that and I know the Lord has brought them here for a reason.  

Elder Schoebinger out again
We also had quite a few interesting run-in's with people.  One guy pulled up to us in a van with his family and asked us "Hey, are you Jehovah's Witnesses?"  Of course, we replied “no” to which he responded, “shoot, I was just about to make fun of you.”  Another asked us if we had a permit to be knocking doors in an apartment complex.  Nope, we have permission from the Lord! But the fact was we live there and when we told him that it took him by surprise.  Trust me, the look on his face was priceless. Yes, there are some funny things that happen on your mission and all of them are learning experiences and teach us important lessons. Oh well, that is all I have for this week but of course I cannot leave without sharing with you an amazing scripture found in 2 Nephi 27:23

23. For behold I am God and I am a God of miracles and I will show unto the world that I am the same today, yesterday and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their Faith."

Remember, it is by faith miracles occur. So the more you use your faith the more you can ask and expect miracles, for once we have done our part God will do His.

No comments:

Post a Comment