Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Simeon Speaks of Conference Truths

So, all this pollen is good for something!
Well, what more can I say than wow! General conference was wonderfully amazing and awesome. I reflect a lot on the talks given especially the one by Elder Uchtdorf on Grace and Elder Holland's talk. It got me thinking really hard as to what Grace really is and who holds on to us. I sat there taking it all in and I got my answer to the Grace part as Elder Uchtdorf said, “it is after all we can do that we are saved by our Savior's Grace.”  That put it into context for me. I remember when I was a young child my Grandmother used to say, “do all you can do and leave the rest to the Lord.”  Well that for me was easier said than done because for me I always saw it as I need to do more because the Lord is not satisfied with the efforts I have already made.  Of course, that was a big mistake on my part and, yes, I had to learn the hard way. I have come to realize all of our efforts are noticed by God. Yes, He does notice the effort you make to invite your neighbor to church and He does see your service to a friend in need even when you yourself are struggling. He more than appreciates your efforts for as we do “all we can do” God takes care of the rest.

I finally got a cardinal
And then Elder Holland’s talk on the story about the two brothers reminded me of my brother and how he has always been there for me and I in turn for him.  Then I remembered how our big brother Jesus Christ is always there for us even when we decide to do not-so-smart moves.  And even when we sometimes tell Him to go and look for something that is not there he stays in place to help us up the cliff and pull with all of his strength and will never let go, no matter what. He knows us inside and out and he knows when we are doing all we can do and he is there always to help us out. 

So, we should let him do that for that is why he is there so we can use his Grace and Atonement. I have seen and continue to see that as I trust in my Savior and He trusts in me.  So let us use his unending grace for it is more than sufficient for us.  Let us remember our Savior will always be there to catch us and pull us up safely to the top. I will do the same for my brothers and sisters and I urge you to do the same, for someone will always be there to help you. I testify the gospel we have and live is special and hence we should not be afraid to share it, for the Lord is with us as we look unto him.  Doubt not and fear not. I know this to be true in the name of my Savior, your Savior and everyone's Savior - even Jesus Christ who told us what He wants to do for us in 3 Nephi 9: 21-22:

 21 Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world, to save the world from sin.
 22 Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.

May we tell others this wonderful good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment