Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Simeon and My Family

Me with my companion, Elder Talbot from Sandy, UT
Alright, so it seems I always copy my brother's experience from the previous week or we really are twins.  Hmmmm, I will go with the second option because this week was really slow.  We were out and about making a lot of calls and then my good friend “the rain” came tumbling down. I had to remind myself its okay because we still went out in it.

This week we were invited as a mission to fill up a book called "My Family." I am sure many of us have heard about it already and if not then I am telling you it is awesome. It gave me the opportunity to research a lot of family data, many of which, thanks to my brother, were already there.  All I had to do was gather a little more information about them. You know that special moment when you find a link and you tell yourself, “this is amazing I will come back to it” but then you can’t remember where it was? Let's just say that's exactly what happened to me! Yep, I have learned my lesson. It was still really nice to find new names to add to the list of names we can take to the temple.  So that is my message to you today.  This is something you and your children can do for a family home evening and they can take it to school and show it to their friends. I mean, what better way to show the world we are truly trying to save all mankind than by doing their work for them? This is what I will encourage you to do this week. Trust me, it's fun and you will see the love of the family coming together.

Remember … the work of God cannot be frustrated, only the works of men. Remember, also, you are a disciple of Jesus Christ and you have been called just as I have to declare His word among the children of men.

3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment