Monday, January 5, 2015

Simeon's New Year

My new wheels
Well, here we are at the beginning of another brand New Year!  This week was like a bag of Trail Mix … the only thing was you sometimes received what you liked and at others times you did not. All-in-all, it was a pretty okay week. We went out with the full determination to not only find new persons to share this gospel with but to teach them as well and we did good on that part. After all the fireworks (and, I am pretty sure, gunshots) announced the arrival of a new year we were at it again (though not a whole lot of persons opened their doors to us on New Years Day) but one lady did. Boy, did we feel the spirit radiate from her as she spoke and she laughed with us.  She even gave us some water to drink and, I will be honest, that made my day.  Knowing there are still persons out here who are looking, searching and wandering for the truth gives me all the faith, hope, love, charity and courage I will ever need to keep pressing forward which just as my brother said, "is well worth it!”

My new planner
Also during this week we found a family of seven (7) who were looking for exactly the same thing. It is great to be the one who brings the truth to them so they can be happy and enjoy all the blessings our Heavenly Father has in store for them.  It was so strange but yet so familiar as we talked with them.  We quickly became friends and were laughing at the strangest things almost like we have known one another forever (and we know we did in the preexistence). So I will be straight with you.  I know you are doing your best and your all so my simple advice to you is to keep doing it.  Of course I will do the same for we are all in this together.  Just like the Three Musketeers said, “all for one and one for all.”  With a little addition from our Heavenly Father, of course, it is, "ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL TOWARDS ETERNAL LIFE WITH OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM OF GOD"

And here is a nice scripture which says it in another way:

13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment