Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Selwin Pushes Forward

President and Sister McDonough
So I'm stretching and yawning in the library right now. I did not sleep well at all last night but it's time to push onward.

Well, it has been one slow but really good week.  We didn't have any success while we were out this week looking for those wonderful children of God, but we finally got a member referral which might be gold - and I mean a solid bar of gold.  This is the thing missionaries dream of … well, most of us anyway. We had some awesome lessons with a few of our investigators, as well.  Some of those lessons sure brought back a lot of memories, so it was good.

Truly the Lord is mindful of all our needs, He is one awesome dude and I give him credit for everything. We had interviews yesterday with our mission president and it went well. It was way longer than I expected but it was good. He even came up with a theme for my monthly goals, which was super nice of him.

So as I was having my personal study this morning I read Alma 60:36 and in the very last verse captain Moroni proclaims what he stands for:

36 Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain. I seek not for power, but to pull it down. I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country. And thus I close mine epistle.

Truly Moroni was one who knew what was important to him, but do we? Do ye seek to pull down the power the adversary has, not just when he tempts you, but those around you? Do ye look towards obtaining the glory of God and to help those around you obtain it as well? We must follow the example of Moroni and to do that which will bring about the salvation of many souls, bring them to the knowledge of the wonderful gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ because He LIVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment