Thursday, January 15, 2015

Simeon Says "Brrrrrrr"

The weatherman just said its going to be 11 degrees today!  Freak out ...
Well, guess what?  I am STAYING …YIPEE! I am glad I get to stay another transfer here in the Brockett Ward.  I know I am here to work harder this transfer. This week we were blessed with the opportunity to go to the temple again. After, I was so tired I kept falling asleep in the middle of training.  My Mission President had to clap his hands to wake me up. it worked because I stayed awake the entire rest of the training.

This week, I will be honest, I think someone touched the thermostat because when you hear the weather guy say its 11 degrees outside, you kind of - what's the word I am looking for - oh yeah, here it is … Freak Out!  I almost did!  It was so cold all I could have done was super bundle up and pray I would stay warm. It worked everywhere except my hands because I use them to knock on all of the doors.  Yes, we went finding in this weather and we were able to find one person but that made me feel warm the entire remainder of the day. The one cool miracle I will share is the same person who accepted the invitation to learn more had been to church twice before.  Now that truly is something!  Although we were cold our Heavenly Father sent us to knock on that one particular door. I am glad he did. It also turns out it was the person’s birthday so we sang happy birthday to her.  She was so happy she blushed.  Yep, thats missionary work for you. We sing and they blush.

A shout out to my BLOOMINGTON 7TH WARD. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

And here is a good scripture to go along with that. I found this during personal study.  It's in 2 Nephi 33:10-11:

14-year-old Simeon and Selwin in the
January 2015 Ensign
10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men they should do good.

11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.

So go and do and despite whatever weakness you may have, what you will say and do as you share the Gospel will stand out to whom so ever you are talking to.

PS:  On page 16 of this month’s ENSIGN you shall find me and my brother during a seminary class back in Guyana years ago. Yep, we were preparing to serve the Lord even then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment