Monday, January 5, 2015

Selwin's New Year

Transfer day
Happy New Year, one and all!!!! I know there was a lot of resolutions made for 2015.  I hope being closer to the Savior was one of them.

We got the new years off and running and I mean that in the most literal way.  We were out tracting in the country and came across a fenced yard with three (3) huge dogs. On our way up the street we didn't pay them any mind but they just kept barking at us, so I devised a plan on our way back when we would play a little game.

At the Bernhardts
I handed my companion my bag and camera, which he didn't use, and decided the game would be sprinting.  I raced those four-legged beasts and beat them, even though I totally forgot I had on my boots and not my shoes, but I still nailed it. We visited one of our investigators this weekend and told him of the importance of attending church and guess what? He came and really enjoyed it. Church is where the spirit can be felt the strongest and where the Holy Ghost can testify to our souls.

It was an amazing and spirit filled sacrament meeting, where the Holy Ghost bore and testified to our souls of the will of God. We should treasure his companionship always.

3 Nephi 28:11 reads: "And the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and Me and the Father giveth the Holy Ghost to the children of men because of me"

So let us help those who don't know of this truth find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment