Monday, November 24, 2014

Selwin and A New Companion

My new companion, Elder Hatch from Layton, Utah
Well, this week has been way better, at least weather wise. It's been nice and cool. So I got a new companion this week. His name is Elder Hatch and he's from Layton Utah. He's cool and gets excited about the work easily, so that's good. Anyway this week has been a good one.

We didn't have much success in finding and none of our investigators showed up at church but we did have some really good lessons which pretty much made my week. Being prepared sure helps you, especially as a missionary.  After teaching the same lessons again and again it gets stuck up there so your memory and the Holy Ghost can take it away. Letting the Holy Ghost testify to those we are teaching is of great importance because it is only then the Holy Ghost can testify to them of the truthfulness of the message we are sharing.
So I don't forget where I came from
 ... a Guyana flag from my uncle

3 Nephi 11:36 reads:
"And thus will the Father bear record of me, and the Holy Ghost will bear record unto him of the Father and me; for the Father and I and the Holy Ghost are one"

The role of the Holy Ghost is to testify and He can't if we don't give him the chance, so give the Holy Ghost a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment