Monday, November 3, 2014

Simeon is Cold in the Weather ... Warm in the Gospel

Me and my Zone Leader Elder Dobbins
Well, I'll be!  This place is getting colder.  Really, what does an Elder need to do to get some sunshine around here, man! Sorry, but rain, cold, snow, sun and even ice will not stop this Elder and neither should it stop any other missionary. Some may call us crazy but, hey like Elder Selwin Lovell quoted the Prophet Joseph Smith's words, "the worth of every soul is great in the eyes of God" for it indeed is. The world may look upon us with dismay but we shall still press forward and keep going on.  This week the temperature dropped all the way down to 28 degrees at night and one day it was 35 degrees but off we went.  Yes, I will not lie … I was freezing and could see my breath, but onward I rode. We may not always see or know the reasons why we are so determined to share the gospel but God knows and He smiles at all of our attempts.  Even when we are turned down we are given a smile of approval from Him. This week I was on a week long exchange with my Zone Leader Elder Dobbins so lots of work always was expected. We met some awesome people and taught an amazing spirit-filled lesson.  We left that meeting so full of the spirit our cups were over flowing. I was singing a hymn as we prepared for our companionship studies one morning. I have sung this hymn many times but guess I never noticed the last stanza before.  When I did it made me smile and I knew we all were chosen by God to share this gospel no matter what weather we may have to face. The last verse of hymn 85 ("How Firm A Foundation") is:

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes.
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!

Remember the work we are doing will help bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man … and we should never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment