Monday, November 24, 2014

Simeon's Investigators (But No Pictures)

This week we truly saw blessings and miracles as we had fasted and prayed for, and, yes, I mean it!  We also saw how when we are not doing the things the Lord has asked of us, we truly do miss out on those blessings and miracles.

The week started off with the visit from Elder Kopischke and his wife, and, boy did I receive some serious revelations at those two meetings and my heart and soul hungered and thirsted for more.  I learned so much it's impossible to even begin to explain.  And, hey, this week the weather was a little kinder to us except yesterday when the rains came pouring down, but, hey, that's okay because I got to hold an umbrella and help all the members come in to church.  Now, how sweet is that? We also had three of our investigators come to church and they loved it. 

Now the story all started when this woman stopped on the road – and, get this - in rush hour traffic to tell us we were doing a great job and to give us her number.  So after a while of calling and saying prayers with her, she finally confessed she feels the spirit so strongly. We had given her a Book of Mormon to read as well.  At first she said she did not believe the Book of Mormon so we testified to her that every single scripture we had read to her over the phone – especially those which gave her such comfort - came from the Book of Mormon.  As you can guess she was silent but admitted it is the word of God!

Then yesterday, as Elder Stewart and I were teaching another investigator and her boyfriend about marriage and all the blessings the Lord has in store for them, I just sat there pondering and pondering on what to say.  All I knew is that I opened my mouth and out came the words they needed.  They felt the spirit so much everyone in the room went silent.  Now I do not know how my brother and have experiences like this, one after another, but I testify the Lord has already prepared a way for us, and everyone else, to return to live with Him. They also had this super huge Christmas tree with tons of decor on it and we used that as the perfect example for all the blessings their Heavenly Father has in store for them. I was reminded of all the blessings our Heavenly Father has in store for us as we do what he needs us to and my brother echoed the right sentiment.

I came across this scripture (2 Nephi 33:10-11) as I was studying Elder Holland's talk "Safety For The Soul"

10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.
11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.

So let’s keep testifying and sharing those blessings.

1 comment: