Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Selwin Finds Bigfoot

Alright, this has been a really good week except for the last three 3 days when the weather decided it was going to drop below fifty degrees. I certainly don't remember sending in an order for a reduction of heat so I'm out seeking justice!

Nah, I'm just being difficult. The weather reminds me of St. George a lot even though I prefer the heat.  The cold is okay for now.  We had a few appointments fall through but that's nothing new.  Besides that, this week was pretty good except when we tracted on Halloween.  Only one person gave us candy and even though I'm not really into the sweet stuff, that was just unacceptable.  Lately we have just been working extremely hard not just in finding people to teach but by trying to find and bring back those members who have gone inactive. That is a tough job in itself since there is over 1,000 inactive members in our ward alone.  Currently, members coming every Sunday only total about 150-200, so you can see why we need to do this.

A while back I had the privilege of giving one of these less active members a blessing, this after listening to why this gentleman and his wife were not coming to church.  All I could see though was the fear he had and I wanted to help him. The blessing was amazing, so he said, but honestly, I don't remember a word I said. I tried but I just couldn't remember, bringing me to the realization even more that the words which I spoke were truly God's words.  He made me say exactly what this gentleman needed to hear.

This reminded me of a scripture in 3 Nephi 18:32 which reads:

"Nevertheless ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent and come unto me with full purpose of heart and I shall heal them and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them".

Need I say more?  The work is here for me and you to do. Don't forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment