Monday, February 29, 2016

Selwin Separating the Wheat from the Tares

Me and my companion, Elder Larsen
It was a week of ups and downs as we engaged ourselves in the battle of separating the wheat from the tares.

It started off really well for us as we tried a few individuals we had met before and we got the opportunity to share with them the important message of the 'Restoration' of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But then in came the weekend and it brought in a not so good storm as investigators started dropping us faster than a cheetah about to pounce on it's prey.  This included our most promising investigator who just couldn't give up certain things. And then we just kept striking out.  For a moment I was thinking in my head "what is going on?' while my companion Elder Larsen is saying, "It's all my fault. I brought the bad luck" to which I kept telling him that he didn't. I thought, "well, what do we do now?"  After much pondering I heard a voice say, "keep going". This brought to my remembrance what the Savior said to Simon Peter in John 21:15-17:

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep."

It reminded me of how we are called to "feed the Savior's sheep" with the words He taught and with the words which will bring us eternal, life if followed and applied in one's life. And the Lord did bless us as we persevered as a recent convert family (the Osburn's) invited their close friends to listen to the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It was super amazing. And as I thought to myself, I wondered, "what if we had thrown in the towel for that day and just given up?" I probably would have gotten some much needed rest, but the opportunity would have been missed, if I had. Hence it is in life, so "never give up". Every opportunity must be grabbed with both hands especially sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Savior lives and His gospel in it's fullness is here on the earth again to be enjoyed by those who embrace it and love it, so share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment