Monday, February 22, 2016

Selwin and Tom

The hustle and bustle of transfer day
This is the week of transfers. I will be getting a new companion later on today so more on that next week.

This week we didn't get to do nearly as much as we wanted. It seems we spent more time driving to and from places more than anything else. We did, however, have one of our investigators taught in the home of a member this week and it was just amazing. What's even better is we hardly said a word as the father taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ to his children. Our investigator whose name is Tom, by the way, thoroughly enjoyed it and was delighted at how the children knew the answers to their father’s questions. This week as we entered into his home there was an entirely different feeling in his home and also from him.  He even said the prayer himself. It’s really interesting because my companion and I, a few weeks back had taught him about prayer and how to say it properly, only to have him totally say it the wrong way at the end of the lesson. We came out of that lesson saying, 'well, looks like we need to re-teach that lesson' but now he's got it done, which was a key reminder to us the Lord works with His children at His own pace and not ours. 

Elder Campbell ...
our trusted driver
This week as I was reading in the Book of Mormon, the prophet Lehi's  experience with the Lord truly stuck out to me when he said in1 Nephi 1:14-15:

 14 And it came to pass that when my father had read and seen many great and marvelous things, he did exclaim many things unto the Lord; such as: Great and marvelous are thy works, O Lord God Almighty! Thy throne is high in the heavens, and thy power, and goodness, and mercy are over all the inhabitants of the earth; and, because thou art merciful, thou wilt not suffer those who come unto thee that they shall perish!

 15 And after this manner was the language of my father in the praising of his God; for his soul did rejoice, and his whole heart was filled, because of the things which he had seen, yea, which the Lord had shown unto him."

Two dogs behind the wheel
The prophet Lehi was so thankful to God for showing him all these things his soul rejoiced. Then what about us who have the Gospel of Jesus Christ restored in all it's fullness?, Should not our souls rejoice and our hearts be filled because of it?  What a blessing it is to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to know we can apply it to our own lives and know we can live it each and every single day. I have seen it change the lives of others and most importantly I have seen it change my own life. So, like Lehi of old, I rejoice and my heart is filled because the Lord has shown unto me the path He would have me walk. I know it is His will to do it for us all, so why not let Him. And if we do so it is my promise your soul will rejoice and your heart will be filled because of what you will experience. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment