Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Simeon's Thoughts of Home

Me with Elder Sheperd and Sister Simmons (from St. George)
This was a very tough week for me, to be honest, probably because I worried so much about coming home. I have no idea why but I did, so my focus was just not where it needed to be. It took a lot to get back on track! It seems the adversary wanted to put a nice little scare in me, and at first he did, but then I turned all my problems over to the One who has promised me, if I do all he asks of me, He will be by my side always. So that is what I did and He helped me in ways far better than I could have imagined.  It was wonderful.

This week we did not get to do a whole lot of teaching but we did hit the pavement and went out to find some of our lost brothers and sisters, so that put a little pace in my step. We had a ton of appointments fall through but I have learned to deal with that now. I just call and reschedule. It’s as simple as that! We did have a really nice lesson with an investigator we had lost track of for a while. Both he and his wife sat in and it was pretty good. He truly is looking to change. The funny thing is, as we taught him he kept getting calls. On one of his calls he answered, "What's up? I'm here with my two minister brothers and my baby."  Yeah he is a very funny guy but none-the-less a really good lesson.  We had a great fast and testimony meeting which was awesome and just what I needed to pick me up even more. I look forward to this new week with a new found energy from the Lord, of course, and onward I go a Christian soldier for my Savior Jesus Christ.

Me with an autographed
bat given to me by one
of the members
I found an interesting quote this week that made me think of my continued service as a servant of the Lord.

President Ezra Taft Benson, thirteenth president of the Church, taught: “Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life in the service of God will find eternal life” (“Jesus Christ—Gifts and Expectations,” Ensign, Dec. 1988, 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment